Atomic Structure, Isotopes, Mass number, Atomic number, Atomic nucleus, Protons, Electrons, Neutrons
A complete and ready to deliver high quality KS4 / GCSE lesson from Foxteach / Barclayfox.
The PowerPoint will navigate you easily through the whole lesson – even if you have not had time to give it a quick look through!
Can be used by teachers or directly by students e.g. home educated students or students who’s schools are closed!
* Understand atomic structure.
* Know what isotopes, mass number, and atomic number are.
* Describe nuclei of different atoms using mass number and atomic number in the form: X superscript m subscript p.
* Use atomic number and mass number to calculate the number of protons, electrons and neutrons in an atom.
* Draw the structures of specific atoms.
The lesson contains:
* All answers
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Help sheet (can be given to all students, or to only those who the plenary shows found the lesson difficult, or to students who missed the lesson).
* Homework sheet with answers (you choose whether your learners need to do it).
* Starter - picture puzzle.
* Simple task where students self-assess themselves against each objective
* Big question to get students thinking.
* Scientific literacy.
* Revision game - played in small teams - all answers are provided.
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Gap fill activities - various, with answers.
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted and interactive to avoid ‘death by PowerPoint’)
* Video clip link (carefully selected – saves you time searching the internet).
* Plenary assessment quiz.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy others from the series – the series is listed inside this PowerPoint.
Thank you, and happy teaching!
Foxteach / Barclayfox.