Atomic Structure, Isotopes, Mass number, Atomic number, Atomic nucleus, Protons, Electrons, Neutrons
* Understand atomic structure.
* Know what isotopes, mass number, and atomic number are.
* Describe nuclei of different atoms using mass number and atomic number in the form: X superscript m subscript p.
* Use atomic number and mass number to calculate the number of protons, electrons and neutrons in an atom.
* Draw the structures of specific atoms.
The lesson contains:
* All answers
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Help sheet.
* Homework sheet with answers (you choose whether your learners need to do it).
* Starter - picture puzzle.
* Simple task where students self-assess themselves against each objective
* Big question to get students thinking.
* Scientific literacy.
* Revision game - played in small teams - all answers are provided.
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Gap fill activities - various, with answers.
* Theory slides
* Video clip link
* Plenary assessment quiz.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity.
Thank you, and happy teaching!
Foxteach / Barclayfox.