History of the atom, discovery of the nucleus, Thompson, Rutherford, Alpha particle scattering, Bohr
Lesson objectives - I can:
*Describe the structure of the atom (Protons, neutrons, electrons: charges, masses and locations).
* Explain the history of our model of the atom - billiard ball model, plum pudding model, nuclear model, planetary model, quantum mechanical model.
* Describe Rutherford’s experiment which led to the discovery of the nucleus
* Simple starter - self assess vs objectives
* Matching task
* Differentiated activity sheets – support/ lower ability, medium ability, high ability.
* Activity sheet – all answers are provided.
* Sequencing activity.
* Gap fill activity * Quiz * Questions – all answers are provided
* Theory slides
* Video clip links
* Paired work activities – answers are provided.
* Homework worksheet
* Scientific literacy activities.
* Plenary formative / summative assessment quiz / activity.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – learners judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
Happy teaching !
Yours, Foxteach /