History of the atom, discovery of the nucleus, Thompson, Rutherford, Alpha particle scattering, Bohr
A complete and ready to deliver high quality KS4 / GCSE lesson from Foxteach.
This is a complete lesson from start to end, zero work for you! The PowerPoint will navigate you through the whole lesson – even if you have not had time to give it a quick look through.
Lesson objectives - I can:
*Describe the structure of the atom (Protons, neutrons, electrons: charges, masses and locations).
* Explain the history of our model of the atom - billiard ball model, plum pudding model, nuclear model, planetary model, quantum mechanical model.
* Describe Rutherford’s experiment which led to the discovery of the nucleus
This carefully crafted lesson is over 40 slides long, has differentiated activity sheets (with answers), and is full of learning activities as below:
* Simple starter - self assess vs objectives
* Matching task - answers are provided.
* Differentiated activity sheets – support/ lower ability, medium ability, high ability.
* Activity sheet – all answers are provided.
* Sequencing activity.
* Gap fill activity - all answers are provided.
* Quiz with answers.
* Questions – all answers are provided
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Video clip links (carefully selected – this alone can save you 20+ minutes of searching).
* Paired work activities – answers are provided.
* Homework worksheet
* Scientific literacy activities.
* Plenary formative / summative assessment quiz / activity.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – learners judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy others from the series:
0. Bundle – contains all lessons (if available not all my series are bundled)
1. Atoms, history of the atom and discovery of the nucleus. THIS LESSON.
2. Isotopes and Mass number and Atomic number.
3. Alpha, Beta and Gamma – ionising radiation.
4. Changes in the nucleus – decay equations
5 to 14 Please read the list in this powerpoint.
Happy teaching !
Yours, Foxteach /