Force and extention, Hooke's Law
Force and extension, Hooke's law, elasticity, spring constant, series and parallel. Complete lesson.
A complete, and ready to deliver, high quality KS4 / GCSE/For USA - this lesson is for use during 8th to 10th grade.
STUDENTS WILL LEARN TO:
* Understand how the extension of a spring changes as you change the force applied.
* Understand what is meant by elastic limit
* Explain Hooke’s law.
* Successfully calculate force, extension and the spring constant.
* Calculate spring constant for springs in series and in parallel.
ACTIVITIES IN THIS LESSON INCLUDE:
* Starter - simple task where students self-assess against the objectives.
* Differentiated (and unique) Activity Sheets - with answers.
* Gap fill activity - all answers are provided.
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Differentiated questions – all answers are provided.
* Peer marking
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Play ball.
* Video clip link (carefully selected – this alone can save you 10+ minutes of searching).
* Paired work activities – all answers are provided.
* Scientific Literacy
* Numeracy activities.
* Plenary formative/summative via worksheet.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
* Extension activities – just in case additional activities are required.
* Over 35 slides long.
* Includes notes to help the teacher.