Energy stores & conservation.
Energy stores and conservation KS3. (Teaches KS3 to agree with GCSE 9-1 spec).
KS3 Energy and conservation of energy - complete lesson, ready to use, pick up and go.
This KS3 lesson teaches energy stores in the new way required for GCSE 9-1 spec - so it builds the correct foundation for KS4. This supports good student progress and avoids confusing them by teaching them the old ideas about energy at KS3 (e.g. light is an energy store, sound is energy etc) and then the new ones at GCSE (9-1 specification).
By the end of the lesson learners will
* (ALL) Understand what energy is.
* (ALL) Know the unit of energy.
* (ALL) Be able to name the 8 energy stores (as per new 9-1 GCSE requirements)
* (MOST) Understand what each store is and identify them in the world around them.
* (MOST) Explain that energy transfers from one store to another
* (SOME) Demonstrate an understanding of the law of conservation of energy.
What do you get?
Complete and ready to use lesson that includes:
* Energy cross word worksheet - with ANSWERS.
* Energy circus activity sheet - with ANSWERS.
* Two carefully chosen videos
* Powerpoint that navigates you and the learners throughout and includes questions, answers, peer marking, self marking, video links, plenary quiz with answers etc.
* Equipment list for the circus practical (simply give it to your technicians)
Why buy this?
* Very high quality (over 15 hours to create).
* Optimised - low teacher effort for great student results.
* Tried and tested (taught to my classes in 2017 and again in 2018).
* Complete and ready to deliver.
* Easy to use
* Simple and clear.
* Engaging and varied.
* Correct to the new 9-1 GCSE spec. Beware! Most KS3 lessons on tes are not correct, they are contradicting the new 9-1 GCSE spec.