Food chains - lesson
Food chains and food webs. Complete lesson. KS3 Biology.
A complete, and ready to deliver, high quality KS3 Biology lesson from Foxteach.
(For USA - this lesson is for use between 6th to 8th grades).
This is a complete lesson from start to end, you do not need to spend many hours carefully planning, creating, resourcing and improving this lesson after each use. I have already spent those hours preparing this lesson for my students and improving it over many years. This is a very high quality lesson.
There is nothing for you to do but give it a quick look through and familiarise yourself with it.
* Describe predators, prey, herbivores and carnivores within food chains.
* Understand the roles of producers and consumers.
* Construct food chains and food webs.
* Predict the effects on organisms when different food sources are removed.
This carefully crafted lesson is over 30 slides long, and is full of learning activities as below:
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Starter - simple task where students self-assess against the objectives.
* Matching game - answers are provided.
* Worksheet (unique) - simply print for each student.
* Activity - create a garden food web - simply print for each student.
* Activity sheet - answers.
* Sequencing activity.
* Quiz with answers.
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Peer marking / Self marking opportunities.
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Play ball opportunities.
* Video clip links- 2 off (carefully selected – this alone can save you 20+ minutes of searching).
* Paired work activities – all answers are provided.
* Scientific Literacy activity.
* Plenary formative/summative assessment activity.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
* Extension activities – just in case additional activities are required.
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by “Foxteach” once they appear on TES. Please note: when searching for resources please type foxteach into the search box/engine and it will show you all our resources.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy others from the series:
0. Bundles – contain 3 or more of these lessons at a discounted price (however please note not all my series are bundled).
3 to 6 - please see list in this powerpoint.
Thank you, and happy teaching!