Adaptation, habitat and adaptations and inherited variation, survival. KS3 Complete lesson.
A complete, and ready to deliver, high quality KS3 Biology lesson from Foxteach.
(For USA - this lesson is for use between 5th and 7th grade).
This is a complete lesson from start to end, you do not need to spend many hours carefully planning, creating, resourcing and improving this lesson after each use. I have already spent those hours preparing this lesson for my students and improving it over many years. This is a very high quality lesson.
There is nothing for you to do but give it a quick look through and familiarise yourself with it.
* Identify some adaptations for different environments.
* Describe some adaptations and how they help animals survive.
* Describe how inherited variation is caused.
* Successfully complete an experiment investigating adaptation and explain what is happening and why.
This carefully crafted lesson is over 30 slides long, and is full of learning activities as below:
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Starter - simple task where students self-assess against the objectives.
* Matching task - answers are provided.
* Practical / student experiment based around bird adaptations.
* Gap fill activities (several) - all answers are provided.
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Peer marking
* Self marking
* Up and about activity - doing the experiment.
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Play ball.
* Video clip link (carefully selected – this alone can save you 20+ minutes of searching).
* Paired work activities – all answers are provided.
* Scientific Literacy activity.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
* Extension activities – just in case additional activities are required.
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by “Foxteach” once they appear on TES. Please note: when searching for resources please type foxteach into the search box/engine and it will show you all our resources.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy others from the series:
0. Bundles – contain 3 or more of these lessons at a discounted price (however please note not all my series are bundled).
3. Effects of the environment (environmental variation).
4. Effects on the environment (organisms effects on the environment).
5. Transfers in food chains
Thank you, and happy teaching!