Effects on the enviroment
Effects on the environment. Habitat, food chains, webs, predator prey cycles. Complete Lesson.
A complete, and ready to deliver, high quality KS3 lesson from Foxteach.
(For USA - this lesson is for use between 6th to 8th grades.
This is a complete lesson from start to end, you do not need to spend many hours carefully planning, creating, resourcing and improving this lesson after each use. I have already spent those hours preparing this lesson for my students and improving it over many years. This is a very high quality lesson.
There is nothing for you to do but give it a quick look through and familiarise yourself with it.
* Describe ways in which organisms affect their habitats and communities.
* Describe how organisms compete.
* Use a food web to make predictions.
* Explain what is happening during predator/prey cycles.
This carefully crafted lesson is over 30 slides long, and is full of learning activities as below:
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Starter 1 - unscramble the words race.
* Starter 2 - simple task where students self-assess against the objectives.
* Activity sheet (unique) - built into the powerpoint simply print this slide for each student if required - all answers provided.
* Gap fill activity - all answers are provided.
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Peer marking and Self marking opportunities.
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Play ball.
* Video clip link (carefully selected – this alone can save you 20+ minutes of searching).
* Paired work activities – all answers are provided.
* Scientific Literacy activity.
* Scientific Numeracy activity
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
* Extension activities – just in case additional activities are required.
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by “Foxteach” once they appear on TES. Please note: when searching for resources please type foxteach into the search box/engine and it will show you all our resources.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy others from the series:
0. Bundles – contain 3 or more of these lessons at a discounted price (however please note not all my series are bundled).
3. Effects of the environment (environmental variation).
4. Effects on the environment (organisms effects on the environment).
5. Transfers in food chains
Thank you, and happy teaching!