Free body diagrams & resultant force
A complete, and ready to deliver, high quality KS4 / GCSE lesson from Fox Teach LTD.
For USA - this lesson is for use between 8th and 10th grade.
This is a complete lesson from start to end, you do not need to spend many hours carefully planning, creating, resourcing and improving this lesson after each use. I have already spent those hours preparing this lesson for my students and improving it over many years. This is a very high quality lesson.
There is nothing for you to do but give it a quick look through and familiarise yourself with it.
Lesson outcomes, students will be able to:
* Draw “free body diagrams”.
* Explain Newton’s first law.
* Explain Newton’s third law.
* Successfully calculate “resultant” forces.
This carefully crafted lesson is over 40 slides long, and is full of learning activities as below:
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Starter - simple task where students self-assess against the objectives.
* Activity sheet (unique) - simply print this slide for each student.
* Activity sheet - answers.
* Gap fill activity - all answers are provided.
* Quiz with answers - using mini whiteboards (if available)
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Peer or self marking
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Play ball.
* Paired work activities – all answers are provided.
* Scientific Literacy activity.
* Scientific Numeracy activity
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by “Barclayfox” once they appear on TES. Please note: when searching for resources please type barclayfox into the search box/engine and it will show you all our resources.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy others from the series:
0. Bundles – contain 3 or more of these lessons at a discounted price (however please note not all my series are bundled).
1. Vectors and scalars.
2. Forces between objects (contact / non-contact and Newton’s 3rd law).
3. Forces and Newton’s third law (N3L).
4. Resultant forces, free body diagrams - This Lesson.
5. Forces and acceleration F=Ma
6. Required practical F=Ma
7 to 12 - please see list in this powerpoint
Thank you, and happy teaching!
Fox Teach Ltd