Momentum, what it's a measure of and lots of calculations with answers provided - complete lesson.
A complete, and ready to deliver, high quality KS4 / GCSE lesson from Foxteach.
This is a complete lesson from start to end. You do not need to spend a huge number of hours carefully planning it and writing differentiated resources, I have already spent those hours creating this great lesson. Furthermore it has been improved time and again after each use - it is tried and tested excellent lesson.
There is nothing for you to do but give it a quick look through and familiarise yourself with it.
* I understand what momentum is a measure of.
* I can explain that momentum is a vector.
* I am able to calculate momentum.
* I can rearrange and use the momentum equation.
This carefully crafted lesson is over 40 slides long, and is full of learning activities as below:
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Starter - choice of two.
* Short Starter - simple task where students self-assess against the objectives.
* Activity sheet - differentiated with ANSWERS.
* Quiz with answers.
* Questions – all answers are provided, students get lots of practice.
* Up and about activity
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Differentiated questions with answers.
* Paired work activities T/P/S – answers are provided.
* Scientific literacy activity.
* Optional practical.
* Plenary formative/summative assessment quiz / activity.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by “Foxteach” once they appear on TES. Please note: when searching for resources please type Foxteach into the search box/engine and it will show you all our resources.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy others from the series:
0. Bundle – contains all lessons (if available not all my series are bundled)
2. Conservation of momentum, collisions, elastic and inelastic events.
3. Momentum, impulse, crumple zones and safety.
Thank you, and happy teaching!