Cars, forces and braking
Cars, forces and braking. Thinking distance, braking distance, stopping distance. Complete Lesson
A complete, and ready to deliver, high quality KS4 / GCSE lesson from Foxteach.
(USA grades 9, 10 and 11)
This is a complete lesson from start to end. You do not need to spend a huge number of hours carefully planning it and writing differentiated resources, I have already spent those hours creating this great lesson. Furthermore it has been improved time and again after each use – this is a tried and tested lesson of very high quality.
There is nothing for you to do but give it a quick look through and familiarise yourself with it.
* Know the forces that oppose the driving force of a vehicle.
* Define thinking distance, braking distance and stopping distance.
* Describe factors affecting thinking distance and braking distance.
* Understand why doubling speed doubles thinking distance but more than doubles braking distance.
* Use the braking distance equation successfully.
This carefully crafted lesson is over 40 slides long, and is full of learning activities as below:
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Starter - recall quiz.
* Starter - simple task where students self-assess against the objectives.
* Practical experiment.
* Peer marking
* Self marking
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Differentiated questions - all answers are provided.
* Play ball.
* Video clip link (carefully selected – this alone can save you 20+ minutes of searching).
* Paired work activities – all answers are provided.
* Scientific Literacy activity.
* Scientific Numeracy activity
* Plenary formative/summative assessment questions.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by “Barclayfox” once they appear on TES. Please note: when searching for resources please type barclayfox into the search box/engine and it will show you all our resources.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
Thank you, and happy teaching!