F = Ma Newton's 2nd law
Force and acceleration, F=Ma, Newton's second law (2nd law), resultant force, free body diagrams. C
A complete, and ready to deliver, high quality KS4 / GCSE lesson from Foxteach.
This is a complete lesson from start to end. You do not need to spend a huge number of hours carefully planning it and writing differentiated resources, I have already spent those hours creating this great lesson. Furthermore it has been improved time and again after each use – it is a tried and tested lesson of very high quality.
There is nothing for you to do but give it a quick look through and familiarise yourself with it.
* I can draw “free body diagrams”
* I can calculate the resultant force on an object.
* I can rearrange and use F = M a
* I can explain why an object travelling around a corner at constant speed is accelerating.
* Understand what inertia is
This carefully crafted lesson is over 40 slides long, and is full of learning activities as below:
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Starter - unscramble the words.
* Starter - simple task where students self-assess against the objectives.
* Activity sheet - differentiated and unique, all answers are provided.
* Gap fill activity - all answers are provided.
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Differentiated questions – all answers are provided.
* Peer marking
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Play ball.
* Video clip link (carefully selected – this alone can save you 20+ minutes of searching).
* Paired work activities – all answers are provided.
* Scientific Literacy activity.
* Scientific Numeracy via the many questions.
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by “Barclayfox” once they appear on TES. Please note: when searching for resources please type barclayfox into the search box/engine and it will show you all our resources.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy others from the series:
0. Bundles – contain some or even all lessons (if available, not all my series are bundled)
1. Vectors and scalars.
2. Forces between objects (contact / non-contact and Newton’s 3rd law).
3. Resultant forces – part 1
4. Resultant forces – part 2
5 to 12 - please see list in this powerpoint
Thank you, and happy teaching!