Terminal Velocity. Key Stage 4 Physics Free download
For USA - this lesson is at 9th and 10th grade level.
This is a complete lesson from start to end. You do not need to spend a huge number of hours carefully planning it and writing differentiated resources, I have already spent those hours creating this great lesson. Furthermore it has been improved time and again after each use – it is a tried and tested lesson of very high quality.
There is nothing for you to do but give it a quick look through and familiarise yourself with it.
* Explain what terminal velocity is.
* Explain the relationship between speed and drag.
* Calculate resultant force on a falling object.
* Analyse the motion of a falling object.
* Analyse the velocity time graph for a parachutist / skydiver.
This carefully crafted lesson is over 40 slides long, and is full of learning activities as below:
* Notes to help the teacher.
* Starter - simple task where students self-assess against the objectives.
* James Bond Activity - unique to Foxteach.
* Differentiated Activity Sheets HA MA LA – all answers are provided.
* Gap fill activities - all answers are provided.
* Questions – all answers are provided.
* Peer marking opportunities
* Self marking opportunities
* Theory slides (carefully sculpted, interspaced with learning activities, not ‘death by powerpoint’).
* Play ball opportunities.
* Video clip link (carefully selected – this alone can save you 20+ minutes of searching).
* Paired work activities – all answers are provided.
* Scientific Numeracy activity
* Student self-assessment versus objectives activity – so learners can judge for themselves how much they have learnt.
As teachers we all work ridiculously long hours each week. Give yourself a break, spend some life with your wife / husband / children / friends / family by purchasing more lessons created by “Foxteach” once they appear on TES. Please note: when searching for resources please type Foxteach into the search box/engine and it will show you all our resources.
Please purchase this lesson, and leave a positive review.
This lesson is part of a series, whilst they all work very well as standalone individual lessons you may wish to buy more from the series:
0. Bundles – contain 3 or more of these lessons at a discounted price (note, not all my series are bundled).
1. Vectors and scalars.
2. Forces between objects (contact / non-contact and Newton’s 3rd law).
3. Resultant forces, free body diagrams, Newton’s third law.
4. Forces and acceleration F=Ma
5 to 12 - please see list in this powerpoint
Thank you, and happy teaching!